Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Last of the Mohicans

The theme song for one of my favorite movies, The Last of the Mohicans, was adapted from Dougie MacLean's "The Gael." I received the soundtrack for my birthday a few years ago and loved playing it as I drove through the Tennessee side of Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Although the plot takes place in upstate New York, the movie was filmed in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina and since the Great Smoky Mountains are part of the Blue Ridge Mountains, it just felt so fitting and dramatic!

I generally avoid films that are depressing and violent, but I'm a sucker for this love story. My favorites are Uncas and Alice. I flove the 1992 film but damn, James Fenimore Cooper, your 1826 novel is boring!

Best quote from the movie:
Duncan: "There is a war on. How is it you are headed west?"
Hawkeye: "Well, we kinda face to the north and real subtle-like turn left."

No comments:

Post a Comment