Monday, February 14, 2011

Cupcakes from the Heart

Having heart cupcake papers and pink food dye inspired me to make Valentine cupcakes. I'm not ashamed to say that they're straight out of the box. I used what was on hand (Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Golden), but it probably wouldn't have been my first choice.


What goes better with butter golden cupcakes than buttercream icing? This recipe tastes amazing! It only requires a bit of prep work, such as sifting confectioner's sugar and softening butter.


I added two drops of neon food dye and presto change-o lovely pale pink icing. I'm not the best cupcake icer in the world, but they look tasty!


I even burned my hand on the oven rack in sheer determination to make these cupcakes happen. So, Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment