Tuesday, February 22, 2011

An interview with myself

Question: How do I know I (for once) have money to burn?

Answer: Because I impulsively buy things I don't really need.
 
Question: How do I know spring is on it's way?
 
Answer: Because there's cute ladybug merchandise everywhere I turn!
 
Question: Why do I love ladybugs?
 
Answer: Because they're red and black and adorable and good luck. (Remember the little girl I took care of the other week? The reason I have money to burn? Her Mom had done her nursery in ladybugs... it was heavenly!)
 
Question: How do I know I'm obsessive-compulsive?
 
Answer: Because yesterday, inspired in part by this photo of Emily's, I decided to arrange and photograph a sampling of my ladybug stuff, showcasing the ladybug lunch bag that I'd bought impulsively at Jo-Ann Fabrics the week before. (Also in the picture is this over-priced but awesome ladybug bookmark that I bought, again impulsively, in line at Borders. It's hard for me to resist the tempting call of the ladybug.) And note, this isn't ALL my ladybug stuff 1.) Because I left out certain blue-dominated articles and 2.) I forgot about the awesome memento board my Aunt Dodie made for me many Christmases ago (when I first exhibited symptoms of ladybug-mania) until after the camera was put away.

Question: How do we know that I'm a HUGE ladybug-obsessed dork?

Answer: Because in the midst of this little project, Emily says "You know, you're even dressed like a ladybug." At which point I asked her to take a picture of me WITH my ladybug stuff.
Maybe I should have left the red-eye alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment