Friday, February 04, 2011

Green Machine

I finally made myself a pair of cabled wristers.



Originally, I had planned to create button holes at each end with the intent of using heirloom cufflinks, but the cufflinks proved too small and surprisingly heavy. I did change things up with some colored cables though. I'm usually more focused on creating new stitches with my yarn than multiplying colors, but I thought I'd give color stranding a try, which carries the alternating colors along the wrong side of the knitting.



I stood in the button aisle for at least half an hour trying to decide which buttons to use and of course, at least twice, there weren't 10 of the button I liked. Finally, I went with cheap-o buttons in a contrasting color. There is yellow in the heather yarn if you look really closely, I swear. I'm still not sure about my button choice.



These are the second pair of wrist warmers I've made myself. I made my others a few months ago. There seems to be a green theme.



And now, a sneak peek of my current project which is something for someone small.

No comments:

Post a Comment