Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It's BABY time!

It's baby time! I knit a vintage bobble baby hoodie (corrections here) and strappy baby booties using Lion Brand Cupcake yarn in Sugarplum (magical!) for my friend Katie's daughter Lily (the first of three new babies on their way).


My favorite part of this sweater hoodie are the bobbles, of course! Bobbles are fun!


Theoretically, the hoodie has a scalloped bottom edge as a result of folding and sewing the hem at the eyelet row; however, pinning my sweater allowed me to see a poor excuse for scallops, leading to several WTF moments. I could not for the life of me figure out why my sweater did not look as it should! So, I decided to blame it on the yarn and its lack of stiffness.


Foregoing my folded hem, I decided to utilize the eyelet row by threading white scalloped ribbon through it.


Seaming is not my strong suit. In fact, I hate it. And yet, here I was seaming this sleeve at 4-something in the morning. After both sleeves, I may have gotten a little sloppy with my hood seam, but I think it would take a trained-eye to notice. ;)


I chose bone-shaped buttons for the booties because Katie likes bones (as do all of my biological anthropologist friends). Granted, it's one of those indistinct blobby bones that is maybe supposed to be a humerus, but who really knows.


And every baby needs a blanket, so Ali crocheted this rockin' skull blanket! Yeah, we anthropologists are a strange bunch. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment