Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"Stay" in the '90s, Ethan Hawke.

I left the house and reentered society today, being mostly recovered from my cold, and playing on the car radio was one of my favorite songs from my youth, 1994's "Stay (I Missed You)" by Lisa Loeb & Nine Stories. I still know all of the words.


Of course, my love for this song is directly related to its feature in one of my favorite movies, Reality Bites. And thus began my '90s love affair with Ethan Hawke. I don't so much care for him now and I'm not exactly sure what appealed to me then (certainly not the greasy hair). Maybe I just loved Troy Dyer.

"You can't navigate me. I may do mean things, and I may hurt you, and I may run away without your permission, and you may hate me forever, and I know that scares the living shit outta you 'cause you know I'm the only real thing you got."


Okay, he's also pretty adorable in Before Sunrise.


No comments:

Post a Comment