Saturday, January 15, 2011

Bearcubs, GRRR!

I'm not a particularly punctual person, whether it be birthdays or lunch dates. It's a bad habit. But I did manage to finish my belated Christmas presents before an entire month transpired! My friend is an assistant for a middle school marching band called the Bearcubs (too cute!) and I told her that I would make her a wrist band for summer band camp. First, since she will be marching in the summer sun, most likely sweating, I wanted to make the band with cotton yarn, which limited my choices of orange color hues, but eh close enough. Secondly, I wanted to spell "BEARCUBS" without making the circumference or width ridiculous. So, here is the final product. It's a little too big for the wrist, but works well on mid forearm. Also, in hindsight, I'd probably add an orange stitch to the top and bottom right of the letter "B." We'll consider this a prototype and work toward perfection. How many months 'til summer?




I also felt like getting crafty with candle holders. Obviously my friend is musical, so I ran with that theme. I used a color palette of pale pink, black, silver, and gold and two web images: a silhouette woman with musical hair and an excerpt from Debussy's "Clair de lune."



And she got me knitting books! Super excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment