Thursday, January 13, 2011

Godiva -- Chocolate and Naked Ladies

As I sat here stuffing my face with Godiva Gems, I started thinking about the Anglo-Saxon legend of Lady Godiva; a noblewoman who supposedly rode naked through the streets of Coventry, England in protest of her husband's oppressive taxation of his tenants. She's a cool chick, even if the story's not supported by history.

On that note, I found a lovely 2004 animated short called The Legend of Lady Godiva from Belarusfilm that competed in the 2005 Open Russian Festival of Animated Film in Suzdal.


Director & Screenwriter: Irina Kodyukova
Painter: Dmitry Surinovich
Animators: Irina Kodyukova, S.Strotseva, Natalia Hatkevich
Operator: Galina Gireeva
Composer: Elena Frolova
Sound: Andrei Volkov

Back to the chocolate, I found part of a Godiva advertising campaign by Christopher Wilson that tickled my fancy: "Think of us as chocolate bling." He also has a Cowboy photography portfolio. I ♥ cowboys.

No comments:

Post a Comment