Saturday, January 22, 2011

Knit Jewelry Frame

Another belated Christmas gift for my friend Rachel was a knit jewelry frame and initial hooks. With two shades of blue acrylic paint (Caribbean and Paradise), a metallic gold paint pen, and spray-on acrylic sealer, I transformed these boring white initial hooks with the idea that they'd be perfect for displaying necklaces.



The Quilted Lattice Knit Jewelry Frame pattern is available for free at the Lion Brand Yarn website (after registration). In addition to the knit piece, I needed an 8x10 frame, low loft quilt batting, card stock, fabric, and buttons (optional). It's amazing how difficult it is to find an affordable and attractive 8x10 frame! Thankfully, my search for buttons only took me as far as my Mamaw's sewing box. Yay, upcycling! The key to this project is stapling, which was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I cursed like a sailor.


Success! Here's the frame with some of my jewelry, including my Christmas present from Rachel, a butterfly wing necklace for my collection (worthy of another post). She also got me those squirrel earrings for my birthday. Girl knows what I like.


And for presentation purposes, I used the cartoon effect on some jewelry pictures printed on and cut from card stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment