Thursday, January 06, 2011

Kells for this Belle

Now that I'm an old fart, I find it more difficult for my attention span to handle animation. However, The Secret of Kells is certainly worth a gander with it's spectacular imagery and music. It made me yearn even more for a return trip to Ireland. And who doesn't love a movie that emphasizes the importance of books?

"If there were no books, all knowledge would be lost, for eternity."


Mom, Ali, and I saw the Book of Kells at Trinity College Dublin a couple of years ago. I must say, it loses something when observed through glass with dozens of people invading your personal space. That's pretty much how I felt when I saw Stonehenge too. Alas, there's a price to pay for preservation.

Mama and me on campus.

Directions to the library.


No comments:

Post a Comment