Monday, January 03, 2011

Anthropology at the Movies

Ali and I both studied Anthropology in college, so she suggested we watch a new addition to Netflix with awesomely-bad potential called Nomads, starring Pierce Brosnan as a French anthropologist.


Apart from the hilarity of Brosnan's atrocious French accent and the presence of his bare backside, the movie was awful. I believe my exact words to Ali were "I hate you for convincing me to watch this."

In the spirit of bad anthropology movies, I also think of William Hurt running around as an early hominin species with an impressive brow ridge in Altered States, which I watched with a friend a few years ago at the suggestion of a professor. We thought perhaps it would be better if watched while in an altered state.

No comments:

Post a Comment