Friday, July 22, 2011

Under the Sea

I've been itching to go to the National Aquarium in Baltimore for some time, and in celebration of my birthday (and because they are also 12-year-olds at heart) my friends agreed to go with me. :)

Like I said, I was really excited.  (Find nail decals here.)
I was especially looking forward to the seahorses because I'm in the midst of reading this:


But alas, only one seahorse species remains.  Boo!

There were bright fish, dull fish, odd fish, stingrays, sharks, turtles, snakes, birds, and so forth.  


Something new and different was the Jellies Invasion exhibit.  Now, generally, I'm not a big jellyfish fan because I was stung more than once at the beach as a child, but behind glass, they're pretty.


We ate at Hard Rock Cafe out of desperation.  Overpriced, mediocre food if you ask me, but we weren't going to trudge across the Inner Harbor during a heat wave in search of something better.  (On a side note, we followed two people inside with bags that referenced a Pressure Vessels and Piping Conference.  Never knew there was such a thing.)  We were seated in close proximity to a creepy bronze bust of Mick Jagger, but while we waited for our food, we rocked out to Journey on the television screen.



Special thanks to the lovely ladies who accompanied me!  Always remember, love will find you!

2 comments:

  1. Suddenly you're choice of Pandora station becomes so much clearer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I admit I chose a Journey station.

    ReplyDelete