Sunday, July 17, 2011

"The Father of a Thousand Girls"

Happy early birthday to me!  Ali and I went to a local antiques store in search of old tidbits for her archaeology summer camp session, and while there, she bought me a vintage print that I coveted the last time I visited the shop.  Yay!

The vintage print is a cover of the American Sunday Monthly Magazine illustrated by Harrison Fisher (to whom the title of this post refers) in the early 20th century.  I love the woman's one-shouldered blue dress and her gauzy wrap.  I love the couple's downcast eyes toward whatever might be in her hand as if they share a secret.  And I love that someone who lived 100 years ago loved this picture enough to save it.



Ali also let me pick out some stuff from the jewelry grab-bags she bought.  I now have a bitchin' long, dangly necklace of green beads and gold chain, as well as some adorable mini-cameo earrings (even if they are screw backs).


2 comments: