Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Decemberists - Rox in the Box


I forgot to mention that Mama bought me The Decemberists' album The King Is Dead at the Borders "Going Out of Business" sale on my birthday.  Let me just say, it's not much of a sale and demonstrates why I so rarely actually bought books and CDs at Borders (unless on extreme clearance).  Now, coffee, that's a different matter entirely.  Yes, the album was released months ago; I am slow.  And I suppose I'm weird because I still buy hard copies of music (and not in the form of vinyls).  I think my current favorite is "Rox in the Box," and I'm really enjoying Gillian Welch's additional vocals.

I just love NPR Music's Tiny Desk Concerts. :)  Sara Watkins of Nickel Creek is contributing fiddle and vocals on tour.



Also, I love this skull illusion concert poster for The Decemberists.

No comments:

Post a Comment