Monday, April 18, 2011

All for one and one for suck?

I was excited when I randomly learned of the new Three Musketeers movie, even more when so when I saw the cast list. It stars, in no particular order:
Percy Jackson
Tristram
Titus Pullo
Col. Hans Landa
Mr. Darcy






Legolas

Joan of Arc










In other words, it SHOULD be awesome.

So why did I throw up in my mouth a little when I saw the trailer? Because, ooh la la, it's in 3-D.
(Roger Ebert can tell you why 3-D sucks better than I can).  And as far as I'm concerned, in 9/10 cases, 3-D is code for "awesomely bad." And even though I love my awesomely bad films, it's a letdown when I was hoping for awesomely good.

Speaking of awesomely (if cheesily) good... I will be the first to admit that I own this song. Not on cassette tape from 1993 (I wish), no, I bought it off iTunes in 2008.


1 comment: