Thursday, May 26, 2011

Pumpkin-flavored good-byes

In case you didn't hear, today was the Oprah finale.  I didn't watch, not because I have anything against Oprah personally -- I SWEAR I have vague childhood memories of her pre-celebrity presence on WJZ-TV in Baltimore, so what if I was 3 when she moved on -- but because, since I can think for myself and choose my own reading material, I don't have much need for her show. (I haven't watched since someone drew my attention to her annoying habit of interrupting her guests, which is now impossible to ignore.  Equally annoying? Herself on every damn cover of her magazine. So I guess I have a bit against her personally after all.)

Image via Pumpkin Passion
But I have said good-bye/godspeed in my own way, and that way was using my Bath and Body Works Pure Simplicity purifying pumpkin face mask.  Like many a person, I was first introduced to it via Oprah's Favorite Things
(see Jezebel for a sobering account of the cost of Oprah's Favorite Things) , where it featured on the affordable end of the list for 2003. After which it become one of MY favourite things. (Be sure to include the U.)
Sadly, it (and the entire Pure Simplicity line) have been discontinued for a number of years now. BUT, I happen to have in my possession the dregs of one container and, thanks to Emily, another unopened (that I could probably sell on Ebay if I felt so inclined.) I've been rationing it, forgoing its use in favor, lately at least, of the Original Mint Julep mask (see here).

But today is a once-in-a-lifetime occasion dammit. So here's to you Oprah. The awesomeness of the pumpkin mask almost makes up for your unleashing Doctor Phil upon the world. And also, this Pink Sister anyway liked your pink dress.

1 comment:

  1. Nuh-uh, that container I gave you has been opened and used.

    ReplyDelete