Friday, May 27, 2011

My Brain Logic: Topiaries --> Flashdance

Doxie Topiary

Browsing the June issue of Lucky Magazine I found the cutest topiary dachshund for a mere $110 (HA!) and I thought to myself, "How hard would it be to make my own topiary?"  Well, considering my garden thumb is a pale shade of green, I struggle with patience, and I'm a cheap-ass -- probably pretty hard.  First, I would need the appropriate topiary form (i.e. a dachshund), but I would be unwilling to shell out $50+ for metal framing.  If I had any skill with a welding torch, I might be able to create my own, but no dice.  And of course, welding inevitably makes me think of Flashdance.  Cue the Irene Cara!



Anywho, then I'd have to decide if I want a vine topiary or a shrub topiary; choose, purchase, and plant the selected green stuff; and train and prune it.  Sounds like a lot of work, but if you're the kind of person that likes Bonsai trees, you might enjoy topiaries, so go here.

Speaking of Flashdance, here's something I can do: Make a Flashdance sweatshirt!


No comments:

Post a Comment