Thursday, March 31, 2011

today on zulily

Since a certain friend of mine (i.e. Lily's mom) introduced me to Zulily, it's become the one site from which I receive a daily promotional email that I DON'T delete without opening.  I'm neither a Mom, Baby, or Kid, but either the internet-world-wide-webs doesn't know that or Zulily is spending a stupid amount of money on advertising because I swear, lately, there's been a banner ad on nearly every site I visit.

I've yet to purchase anything; I was deeply chagrined to have missed the boat on the Melissa & Doug alphabet stamp set I wanted and I never worked up the nerve to buy the discounted-but-still-expensive pair of shoes I coveted a few weeks ago. The books/games/toys/etc I peruse in a professional capacity and the Mom stuff in a female capacity and, the baby clothes?

Okay... the perusing of the baby clothes is marginally an exercise in uterus-wrenching sadomasochism. I fully recognize that to maintain a "hope chest" of baby accessories (a la Julia Roberts' BFF in Eat Pray Love*) is not something I can justify either financially or emotionally at this point in my life.  (As the same friend pointed out, if/when I have a child, the world will still be full of adorable baby clothes.)

So instead of buying, blogging; I can blog about all the uber-cute kids' stuff that I'd buy if I could.

This inaugural post, however, will be an exception to the rule.





Note the above ensemble? Due in large part, no doubt, to its presence on the site's front page, the raincoat is all gone. But the umbrella and boots are still available. You'd think I'd love this, right? Fits in perfectly with my favorite color scheme.

No. NO. My first thought when I saw it?


That's right. "Cruella de Vil, Cruella de Vil, if she doesn't scare you, no evil thing will." Or rather, Glenn Close in the guise of Cruella de Vil.

As far as I'm concerned, not a good look, particularly for the preschool set.

 Why? Subject of a later post: Barbies that SHOULD not exist.

 P.S. If you're looking to become addicted to Zulily too, ask yours truly for an invite.


I chose this picture to be color-coordinated.
Also for the eye candy
* Zzzzzzzzzzz. Way to take an awesome book and turn it into a mediocre, disjointed snoozefest. Dear Javier Bardem, thanks for showing up and making this movie suck slightly less. Dear Hollywood - go ahead, continue to make bestsellers into movies if you must... but please take extra special care with the non-fiction ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment