Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Nosy Nightmares

Long noses are the stuff of my childhood nightmares.


We didn't have cable television at my house, but sometimes when visiting my aunt, I'd watch the Canadian children's program Pinwheel on Nickelodeon. My least favorite character? Ebeneezer T. Squint and his honkin' green nose.











I liked watching Mister Roger's Neighborhood on PBS, but my least favorite puppet? Lady Fairchild and her creepy Rudolph nose.













Who doesn't like to watch ghosts get busted? But Ghostbusters' Boogeyman with his sharp teeth, huge ears, and long pointy nose scared the bejesus out of me. It didn't help that Ali told me he lived in our attic and the attic door was in my bedroom. Thanks, Al.


















And what Disney film have I never really enjoyed? You guessed it, Pinocchio.












Do we see a pattern?

2 comments:

  1. I'm resisting the urge to go all Freudian on you. Also, I swear I've never seen that Boogeyman in my life. I'm pretty sure it was a generic Bogeyman that I had inhabiting the attic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freud was full of shit. And I wasn't afraid of generic Boogeyman, only the one from Ghostbusters.

    ReplyDelete