Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Marcel the Shell

I just discovered Marcel the Shell with Shoes On. Well, actually, I discovered Marcel the Shell with Shoes On, Two. Both are stop-motion short films written by Dean Fleischer-Camp and Jenny Slate, directed by Fleischer-Camp, and voiced by Slate. Personally, I think the second one (released this week) is just as cute but more funny. But just the idea of putting shoes and a googly eye on a shell and making it talk is awesome because it's something weird and absurd that I would likely do.

Marcel: "I used to have a sister."
Camera: "Used to have?"
Marcel: "Yeah."
Camera: "What happened to her?"
Marcel: "Someone asked her to hold a balloon."

I also love when the dog barks at the doorbell and scares Marcel, who dives into the couch cushions. I can relate. I still jump every time our shetland sheepdog barks. That shit is LOUD.

No comments:

Post a Comment