Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sssnake Style

I felt like wearing my new hot coral dress today just for the hell of it.  And then I decided to try my Mamaw's vintage 1970s adjustable, skinny, black metal mesh snake belt with gold details and red rhinestone eyes (whoosh, that's a mouthful), just because.  Heck, I could even make it a necklace if I felt so inclined!  I love finding family leftovers.  I feel closer to Mamaw by wearing it.


I've also been enjoying my simplistic gold snake ring from Charlotte Russe.  I'm not a big fan of actual snakes, although I'd rank them above spiders, but in accessory form, they're quite lovely.  

Damn, I should better moisturize my hands.
Coincidentally, I was wearing this ring when driving to my friend Julie's house a few weeks ago to watch True Blood (the summer guilty pleasure I mostly watch for the hot Swede) and accidentally ran over a black snake.  Then, on the show, there was a snake sacrifice.  Weird.  I worried briefly that it might have been an omen, but I'm not particularly superstitious.  I did find something about Navajo snake taboos with #23 "Do not run over a snake in your car or you will have a bad life."  I'll also take this moment to point out that 23 is my birth date and lucky number.  But you can't trust the Internet, right?  Right??

Aforementioned hot Swede.

No comments:

Post a Comment