Tuesday, December 28, 2010

C Is for Cookie


I think I'm a much better cook than baker, but at least I rarely burn cookies these days, and Christmas calls for cookies! This year, I gave two new cookie recipes a whirl: White Chocolate Candy Cane Drops and Banana Cookies. The former are pretty straightforward, although I had to go to more than one grocery store to find white chocolate. And a mallet does wonders on a plastic baggy full of candy canes. The latter emerged from a need to use really ripe bananas. I added a little more sugar, butter, and cinnamon, and a little less cloves. I also substituted cinnamon chips for nuts because I am firmly against nuts in baked goods. All in all, tasty treats for the family!

And now, my favorite childhood Sesame Street character!

No comments:

Post a Comment