Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mesh Produce Tote


My lastest project is complete!  It's a mesh tote knit with cotton yarn that I intend to use for produce.  I found the pattern in Stitch 'N Bitch Superstar Knitting: Go Beyond the Basics, but you can also find it at The Purl Bee with some very nice detailed pictures.

Sometimes I like to play a little game called "How Many Things Can Emily Teach Herself In One Day?"  I taught myself how to knit an I-cord and crochet seams in one afternoon.  Thank goodness for home Internet because I need access to plenty of visual aids and privacy to curse like a sailor.


The body of the bag is Lion Brand Cotton Ease in "stone" and to get a punch of color I chose Lily Sugar'n Cream in "grape."  The mesh is a little smaller because I used a US size 8 needle instead of 9.  If I attempt the mesh tote again, I think I'll track down my US 9 and maybe increase the dimensions.  I've also thought about adding some embellishments to this tote, such as a nice red rose.  Knitting flowers can be something else new to learn. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment